February 12, 2012

Valentine Cheer

Awhile back I was at a garage sale that had lots of artificial flowers. They were $5.00 for all, so I bought them thinking they would look nice in the empty planters in front of my local post office. My postmaster gave me the ok, and I've been having fun decorating for each holiday ever since.

I thought I'd share a few pictures,(they're not the greatest quality, but you can get the idea).

There are three large planter barrels on one side of the entrance, and I've added an old wheelbarrow,(found at our disposal site), to the other side.

For Christmas I used scrap lumber to make some trees, and added a mail bag with letters to Santa from some of the local children. I also added a cute snowman that I repainted in "shabby" colors.

For Valentines Day I repainted the trees and added boquets in rusty containers. Sure adds some cheer to to the "winter browns" of our tiny town.

I hope your Valentines Day is FUN!






No comments: